Don’t sell that house without reading this little bit of advice for the month from our friends at Going Green House cleaning services.
I always feel embarrassed for the seller when I take clients in to see a house and they open the microwave only to see what looks the remains of a pitched battle between hot pockets and day-old apple pie.
But, its almost worse to have a lingering chemical smell, which often barely covers up the aforementioned battle scene.
So, from our friends at Going Green House, here a tip for a natural and efficient way to clean microwaves and refrigerators
You may think you need a heavy duty cleaner to get all that stuck on food to come off, all it takes is some natural ingredients you probably already have lying around the house: VINEGAR, LEMON JUICE, AND WATER!
Who knew? Here’s how you do it.
- Grab a microwaveable bowl and fill with a cup of water
- Add about ½ cup vinegar and a couple tablespoons of lemon juice
- Place the mixture in your microwave and heat for about 3-4 minutes
- Once the cycle is through, let stand for 5 minutes inside the microwave
- Take a towel and easily wipe clean!
Lemon is a natural cleaner and the vinegar and steam help to loosen any tough, stuck-on grime. No harsh chemicals needed.
If you happen to have some extra stubborn spots, just dip the towel into the mixture and wipe again, or use a toothbrush to get into those tricky corners. It’s as easy as that.
Now with all the extra time you saved, you can do the fridge.
Cleaning and deodorizing your fridge can be easy and chemical-free as well. All you need is…you guessed it–vinegar, lemon juice (or lemon essential oil) and water!
- Take 2 cups hot water, 1 cup vinegar, and 10 drops of lemon and combine them into a spray bottle.
- Use this mixture to spray down the inside of your fridge and wipe clean with a cloth.
No more worrying about carcinogenic chemicals in the same place you eat. Simple ingredients, but strong, NATURAL cleaning power.
If this tip has helped you get your house ready to sell, or if you have feedback, please let them know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, as always, if you have questions about buying or selling home contact the Get Your PHX Team at 602-456-9388.