Get out of the summer heat. Join monOrchid gallery for their first ever annual Family Day!
Children of all ages invited!
This is an opportunity to celebrate the greatest gifts in our lives–our families– and the culture and community that sustain them. Fun and wonderful activities for all ages and cultural underpinnings that “elevate” to boot. People in the know will bring their swimsuits too – there are persistent rumors of a kiddie pool in Dorina’s office 🙂 Show your love for your super extended Phoenix family and participate in making our city stronger. As the yogi says, “be here now.” ~ Wayne Rainey, owner of Monorchid
- Docent-lead tours of the exhibit.
- Live painting by local artist Jayme Blue from the Thermal PHX exhibit.
- Limited edition Thermal PHX Color sheet and drawing tables for children to create in the gallery.
- Hip Veggies will be creating awesome veggie art and debuting their new screen-printed canvas tote by artist Rafael Navarro.
- Yoga in the grass at “The Lot” (all ages, bring your mat): 10am to 11am.
- “Tales of a Tombstone, Arizona Tortoise” reading by authors Heather and Tad Smith.
- Performance by local musicians Andrew Waterhouse and Steven Totten (of Tres Lunas).
- Local treats from great Phoenix restaurants Carly’s Bistro and Pallets Food & Bar along, delicious cookies from Urban Cookies Bakeshop and Brilliant Sky Bakery.
The exhibition is meant to be a “thermal” for emerging local artists, helping them elevate their work by providing an exhibition opportunity in a major art space during our long, hot Phoenix summer. This wonderful exhibition offers a variety of art that will appeal to everyone. We hope you will join us for this very special event!